Saturday, January 25, 2014

Play Dough

My son has really gotten into play dough lately.  He can sit for hours and cut and roll it.  A friend of mine share a super great recipe of Facebook and of course I just had to try it.  So what did I think?


Lets first look at the very simple ingredients:
2 cups of cornstarch 
1 cup of hair conditioning 
food coloring of your choice


I would suggest mixing the color in to the conditioner before mixing with the cornstarch.  On our first try I did not do this and the colors didn't blend well till we had played with it for some time. Also the smell was great!  I used Herbal Essence conditioner.  You could always use a plan light sent and add sents like essential oils to make it more smelly.  I love lavender.

My over all thoughts on the play dough:
1.  It was super easy to make.
2. It was a winner with the kid!
3. Can be used for science/math as well as motor skills and play.
4. It left my hands feeling really soft!! WINNER WINNER!!

Over all I def give this activity 5 *****

 Go, Teach and Learn! And always have FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment